Friday, January 13, 2012

Time for more yogurt!

So, this morning I ate the last of my yogurt, so I set another batch to start.
Found out, you cannot heat the milk on medium high, using a gas stove.  It didn't scorch, but I had to filter the last of it through cheese cloth.
We'll see how it turns out.  I am still getting the hang of it.

A friend made a 1/2 gallon in her crock pot this week!  Unfortunately, my crock pot is 7 qt.  Way too big for yogurt.

Anyway, I've been eating it with either honey (Tastes much like FAGE!) or with all fruit preserves (stirred up like a fruit on the bottom).  Now, once you stir it up, it does become a tiny bit runnier, but it is delicious.  I made 15 cups of yogurt for less than $2.50.  A stellar savings of $17.35.
Update: 1/12/11
The yogurt turned out great, again!  I have ordered this, Yogurt Culture.  I will keep you posted about how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment