Sunday, February 5, 2012

Robeks-like smoothies

Inspired by a post in Pintrest, Jamba Recipes!, I made my own smoothie this morning . . .


I'd had 2 lbs of perfectly ripe bananas on my counter last week and sliced them up, placed them in ziploc bags and froze them.  I also keep bags of organic frozen berries in the freezer for when I make Oatmeal in Mason Jars . . . The only thing I didn't have was the Enlighten Blend . . .

One of my favorite smoothie shoppes is Robeks . . . or "lunch in a cup" as we used to say at work!

So here's what I did, in a Mason Jar, yes a Mason Jar ( Using Mason Jars on your Blender):
1/2 cup plain yogurt (my homemade of course)
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Powder
1 packet of Acai Energy Powder
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds, organic (High in fiber and EFAs)
1/2 cup of frozen berries (I had an open bag of mixed berries; blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries)
1/2 cup of frozen banana

About 1/4 cup of water.

Placed blender base on mason jar & Voila!

Keep an eye out for a more detailed tutorial . . . these are going to become a staple for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment