Sunday, February 5, 2012

Couponing at Target

I keep hearing all of these crazy stories about people saving uber amounts of cash at the grocery checkout! So I asked some of my friends on Facebook, "What's up with that and how do I find out how to do this!??"

They quickly turned me on to The Krazy Coupon Lady

I then found several other sites myself.  I see a lot of these people serve nothing but processed food to their families, which is how they can feed a family of 5 for $80 a month.  So, I am doing this, but not as extreme as some.  I still buy fresh fruit and vegetables (supplementing with frozen as needed), but I am saving enough to pay for my pet food and produce!

I have been shopping at Target for staple items since 2007.  Let's be honest, they have good deals. 

Unfortunately, we do not have a Super Target (like my cousins' in Philly) here in NEO.  We do have an AMAZING family run market around the corner, awesome produce (local in season) at delicious prices, a deli counter, fresh baked bread and "butcher" section. Note: the owner's Mom makes THE best stuffed grape leaves I have ever had!
Chuppa's Marketplace

As you know I make our yogurt, which saves us $20 a month.  I also just got my Donvier Yogurt Cheese Maker. Which makes homemade yogurt into a cream cheese like spread . . . delightful on english muffins, bagels and toast!

Target lets you use 1 manufacturer's coupon and 1 Target Web Coupon per item! They also give you $0.05 credit for each bag you bring!  So bring those re-usable bags folks! They are easy on your wallet & the environment!

So beforehand, I spend about 45 minutes clipping and matching up coupons, while making my list.
Target also likes to match up their web coupons with weekly mail inserts ( RedPlum, Procter & Gamble and Smart Source) and Sunday paper inserts.  So keep track of those! 
The Krazy Coupon Lady also gives pointers on coupon matching for many stores, including: CVS, Target and Walmart.
This week alone, I saved $38 (a three month supply of my dog's food is $37.70 w/ tax when it is on sale) . . . .
Happy Couponing!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment