Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Storing the other half of that large onion . . . .

If you're like me, you don't always use the whole large onion in the same recipe. So what to do?
You could put it in a ziploc bag and place it back in the fridge, where it may get lost and turn into a creepy, gooey, bluish mass . . . Tupperware made these cool containers specifically for this purpose that my mom has.  It hangs below the shelf of your fridge, where you can see it!

I don't have room in my tiny kitchen for extra containers (appliances, etc) with only one use.

I decided to use an idea for making smoothies, etc that I saw on Pinterest a while back. I popped the onion that I was going to use into a mason jar,, placed my blender base on it and blended.



 I chose to puree it . . . it is going in soup and I didn't have time to sautee it this morning.
You could easily use a larger, small mouthed jar and chop it with your blender.

I flipped it over, wiped the rim, placed and lid & ring on top and set it in the fridge for later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment