Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Halloween Wedding!?

So My friend is getting married this fall . . . A halloween themed Wedding!
 I have so much fun talking to her about the planning and relive planning my own destination wedding . . . The excitement, the horror, the mini-meltdowns . . . all to make this day the best that it can be, filled with memories for all involved, but mostly the happy couple.  "Til Death do Us Part"

When I planned our wedding, our original destination was New Orleans at the Maison Dupuy (http://www.neworleanscourtyardweddings.com/md_intimate.html ), with the entire party staying at the Dauphine Orleans (http://www.dauphineorleans.com/). I stayed there in the summer of 2003 . . . simply amazing hotel and staff.  One afternoon by the pool, I spent a couple hours catching anoles in the ivy with a little boy . . . Not sure who had more fun!

Anyway, Hurricane Season 2004 was rough, and while we hadn't set anything in stone, I had my mom in one ear and my fiance' in the other . . . . worrying about what would happen for our wedding the following year.  We had planned on getting wedding insurance (something very new at the time), but finally, we changed to The Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

We were married in front of the stone fireplace of the Black Bear Lodge at Country Pine Log Resort (http://www.countrypines.com/) with our nearest and dearest.

Anywho, I'm researching ideas to help my friend with little details . . . Please comment with any tips on Bridal Party Boutonniere ideas, etc. . . . I love using my creativity to help others. . . . SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment